Sunday, August 19, 2007

Qatar Furniture Store Job Openings

I was reading a news article on a website in Qatar and noticed an ad for furniture. I wondered what type of furniture would be popular in Qatar so I clicked on the link to check it out.

After I finished looking at the furniture I noticed that they had a link for "Careers." Since you never know when you might be tempted to live in a very hot climate, I decided to check out their job opportunities. I was surprised to discover that they expected their applicants to have a college degree and be "computer literate." Even their florists, carpenters, painters, upholsters and "heavy duty drivers." I guess this is where the English lit or art history majors can go if they want to get a job (if they have 3-5 years working experience in the "same field').