Saturday, March 04, 2006

We Cook! See Here's a Recipe

I was thinking, since we are a chicks blog shouldn't we have more recipes? I know Susan cooks and I do cook as well. I'm thinking maybe people might appreciate a recipe or two. So Susan, I've been meaning to ask you for that ham and pasta dish you made when Sarah slept over the last time. She wants me to make it. Maybe you can post the recipe to the blog.

I thought I would post my favorite:

Hamburger Cabbage Pie

1 lb. hamburger
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 large onion chopped
1 head of cabbage chopped
1 peeled carrot
cooking oil
salt and pepper
2 pkg. of beef bouillon
pie shell (of course you know that I use store bought)

Brown the hamburger with a clove of garlic and half the onion and while that's cooking, combine the cabbage, carrot, the other half of the onion and a clove of garlic in a pan with a little cooking oil and fry covered on medium heat.

Prepare 2 cups of beef bouillon according to directions.

When the hamburger is done, drain the fat off and combine it with the browned cabbage and beef bouillon. Cook on high until it boils and then simmer for a while (I'm not sure how long because I never time it). Then put it in the pie shell (that implies the plate, right?) and bake at 425 until the crust is brown.

Stay tuned, I may even post my somewhat famous, and dearly loved apple-blackberry buckle recipe but since that's it in the recipe department I'm saving it for a special occasion.