Thursday, July 27, 2006

Stalker?

When I saw this story about Cindy Sheehan buying land in Crawford, the first thought I had was "Stalker." This woman is a little too obsessed with Bush. I think her family needs to plan an intervention (and I'm not kidding about this) since her grief has caused her to become unhinged:

War protester Cindy Sheehan has purchased a 5-acre plot in Crawford with some of the insurance money she received after her son was killed in Iraq.

The group she helps lead, Gold Star Families for Peace, says on its Web site that it will return next month to protest the war in Iraq in the small town near Waco where President Bush has a ranch. Like last year, Sheehan, whose son Casey was killed in Iraq in 2004, will again demand to meet with the president.

"We decided to buy property in Crawford to use until George's resignation or impeachment, which we all hope is soon for the sake of the world," Sheehan said in a newsletter set to be sent to supporters Thursday. "I can't think of a better way to use Casey's insurance money than for peace, and I am sure that Casey approves."
Um, if I were him, I certainly wouldn't want to meet her, she may try something.