Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Dreary Results...But Hope Remains

It is the most dreary day here in New Jersey, literally.

Grey skies and pouring rain.

Very indicative of the dreary political results.

I feel like I am on political overload, so I promised myself I was going to restrict myself from reading too much on the blogosphere, not to mention that I should be working on my English II essay that is due tomorrow, but this is just the icing on the cake.

South Dakotans rejected a toughest-in-the-nation law that would have banned virtually all abortions,even in cases of rape and incest - defeating one of the most high-profile state measures facing voters Tuesday...

Lawmakers had hoped the ban would be challenged in court, provoking litigation that might eventually lead to a U.S. Supreme Court reversal of the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion.

"This is a wake-up call to lawmakers in other states that America's pro-choice majority will not allow an assault on Roe v. Wade to go unanswered," said Nancy Keenan, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America.

read the rest here.
Sad indeed. And yes, my soul is grieved...

Yet, like Habakkuk, I will rejoice in the Lord:
17 Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,

18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.

19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.
I will choose to rejoice, for He is my hope. Not government.
Shalom

Technorati technorati tags: , , ,