Sunday, January 14, 2007

The words of the modern day liberal

I guess it was only a matter of time for us to be attacked and belittled because we dare to have an opinion about the war in Iraq and it is certainly not surprising that it would be an ad hominem attack and not one based in fact. The left is very good at name calling:

War Loving Mommas

There is one group of bloggers out there that really baffle me and that is the female FOB (Fans of Bush) apologists that seem to clamor war more than almost any man. What is really bizarre is how many blogs are out there of this same nature; you know, the content being similar to what would be found in some sort of video line named "Chicks with Guns" or "Babs for Bombs."

One such blog is called Reformedchicksblabbing .

[...]

The thorny, sexist and ornery Irish side of me wants to say this: stay at home and bake cookies because you have no idea what you are yakking about. But the kinder, gentler side says this: quit reading the Drudgereport, Michelle Malkin and watching FauxNews and find other in depth and credible reporting on Iraq.
I've already responded to this in his comment section but I think that my regular readers would agree that I am very good about backing up what I say with MSM sources, usually the Washington Post, NYT, Yahoo News, BBC, Times of London and other major news originations across the country and even new sources throughout the world.

And I don't even watch Fox News. I don't watch the news at all because the coverage is too shallow and superficial. He came to this blog with a presupposition about what a conservative is like, it's all over his post, clear as day. But I'm a real person, not this caricature.

And as far as attacking me because I'm a women, I'm used to it. In fact I expect it. What do I know? I'm just a SAHM, a woman can't know anything about the war because war is men's work and women's work is to make the cookies. I guess he doesn't understand that the need for this war is so clear that even a woman can understand it.

Who would have thought that the modern day liberal is no different than this. In fact they could be separated at birth.

I think that the feminists have their work cut out for them in their own party. All these years of hard work and all the have to show for it is that women should make babies and cookies. Sounds like the 50's to me.