Monday, August 06, 2007

Support for the surge is increasing according to a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll

So, if I cared about the polls and I wasn't such a lazy blogger I would go searching in our archives for comments by our liberal readers about how I was one of the few supporters of the war and what an idiot I was for supporting the war when the rest of America had moved on, and blah, blah, blah, just so I could say, "In your face" or something as equally immature.

USA TODAY's Susan Page reports that President Bush is making some headway in arguing that the increase in U.S. troops in Iraq is showing military progress.

In the latest USA TODAY/Gallup Poll, taken Friday through Sunday, the proportion of those who said the additional troops are "making the situation better" rose to 31% from 22% a month ago. Those who said it was "not making much difference" dropped to 41% from 51%.

About the same number said it was making things worse: 24% now, 25% a month ago.

Tags: ,