Sunday, January 07, 2007

Consumer Electronics Show

Glenn Reynolds of Instapundit will be covering the show (his blog for the show is here) this year for Popular Mechanics so keep checking back to see what's new in tech or sign up for their email alerts. I plan to check it out and if I find anything I have to have I'll let you know :-) Here's something I don't really need, a singing Elvis robot (very life-like):



It isn't cheap:

The WowWee Alive Elvis costs $349, belts out 8 actual Elvis songs, tells stories about Elvis's life, and generally looks and acts like a dislocated chunk of the long-lost King. It also has a karaoke mode, where he’ll sing along as you try your own renditions of his classic tunes. Or, if you attach an mp3 player and croon away to a song it doesn’t know, it’ll politely bop along to the beat.
They also make a remote control dragon fly that's only $40 that looks pretty cool.