Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christian Graffiti??

Sounds like an oxymoron. When I first read this I thought that maybe it was a youth group stunt but even youth pastors have more sense then this (just kidding, well sort of).

A Jesus-loving graffiti vandal struck sometime late Tuesday or early Wednesday at a Murrieta business complex, spray-painting messages of salvation on vehicles parked outside.

[...]

Declarations such as “Jesus died for sinners,” “Jesus loves you!” and “Jesus saves! Are you saved?” were sprayed in red and gold all over a pair of panel trucks behind the building at Jefferson Avenue and Fig Street, which is occupied by furniture and home decor stores. A white van out front also was hit.
My question is: what would possess a person to believe that people would be receptive to the message when it's been spray painted on their property? Do they think the unbeliever might think it's a message from God? "I didn't believe that God existed until I read on my car that Jesus loved me. Now I know there is a God." Or that people would be so relieved that someone loved them enough to vandalize their car?

Then there's this at the end of the article:
“They’re going to go to hell,” Barriga said under her breath, her eyes widening. “But I’m not judging.”
Umm, yes you are.