Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Here's something weird

Recently I had to purchase a new power supply for my laptop because the one I had somehow was fried (I don't know when or how it happened). With the power supply was this note:

WARNING: Handling this cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or reproductive harm. Wash hands after handing.
I've never seen a warning like this before. Is this something new in California? Some new law that requires warning labels for cords?

BTW, I had no idea that there was lead on my power supply cord, I think it might be a good idea that they have a warning label in case I had a sandwich after plugging in my laptop (well, if I was pregnant, which I'm not).

Update: It was to meet state requirements (thanks, Anonymous for the link).