Friday, July 27, 2007

Iranian-American Men's Group Tackle Domestic Violence

I read and blog about the horrors of honor killings and other acts of violence against the women of Islam and always feel hopeless about the situation. When will the violence against these women stop? When will the men learn that they are tearing down the foundation of their community by attacking their wives and teaching their sons to do the same thing. So I was pleased to learn about this group of men who want to do something about the problem of domestic abuse. I'm not going to quote from the article because I want you to read the whole thing. I hope others from this community and other communities will join this effort to try to help stem the violence against women so that these women can live in the freedom and joy of a relationship that is filled with love, not fear.