Sunday, December 23, 2007

"All I can do is hope that Rush loves me as much as I love Rush."

Huckabee kissing the tushie of one of the most powerful conservative voices in American politics. Not smart to tick him off:

"I love Rush Limbaugh; I've always loved his show," Huckabee assured. "I think he’s been great for the conservative movement."

The former Arkansas governor conceded that he hadn't sought Limbaugh out to set the record straight — but that he would like to.

"I don’t have his number," Huckabee explained. "If you have it, Jonathan, why don’t you give it to me. I’d love to talk to him."

"Maybe put it on the Web that if he’ll call me, I’d love to visit with him."

Stung by an anonymous Huckabee supporter's comments to Marc Ambinder that derided the influential talker as taking his cues from the "D.C./Manhattan chattering class," Limbaugh used his Friday show to defend himself.

[...]

He called the attacks "Clintonian" and accused Huckabee's campaign of "trying to dumb down conservatism in order to get it to conform with his record."
Yep, that's about right. Good thing for Huckabee that Limbaugh is going to be in reruns this week.

(via)