Sunday, December 23, 2007

"National Treasure" #1 this weekend at the box office

I'm so glad that it's doing well because now they'll probably be another one. I loved "National Treasure!" It's my favorite movie and what's so funny is that I hate Nicolas Cage in every other movie he's been in except for this one. I loved him in the first one and can't wait to see this one. I would have gone to see it this weekend but I was in PA visiting my family.

Nicolas Cage topped the North American box office for the second time this year on Sunday with "National Treasure: Book of Secrets," a sequel to the biggest movie of his career.

The action-adventure led a crowded field of high-powered newcomers to sell an estimated $45.5 million worth of tickets since opening Friday, distributor Walt Disney Pictures said.

The three-day sum, which was in line with expectations, compares with a $35 million launch for 2004's "National Treasure," which went on to make $173 million.
I just watched the trailer and it looks so good. I can't wait to see it.