Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Wonder If They Would Perform Abortions?

The execution of a rapist and murderer of a 17 year old is being put off indefinitely because they can't find a licensed doctor to administer the drug:

San Quentin State Prison spokesman Lt. Vernell Crittendon said prison officials, who had delayed the execution earlier in the day, could not find a licensed medical professional willing to inject a lethal drug into Morales.
When I read this I wondered if the doctors who refused to execute this murderer performed abortions. Now, I know that some think it's logically inconsistent that I'm pro-life and yet I support the death penalty. I support the death penalty because I'm pro-life. Each of us is made in the image of God and therefore are highly valued as individuals and when that person, made in God's image is murdered then their life should be forfeited. I'm not basing this on my own personal opinion but the word of God:
And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man. "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.
God is the creator and sustainer of life. He knit us in our mother's womb and therefore ending life is clearly a violation of His word. I'm pro-life because God is.

Read more about this story here.

(Link via Drudge Report)