Monday, February 20, 2006

Sarah's Mardi Gras Mask


Sarah created this Mardi Gras mask for French class and they're having a party to celebrate Mardi Gras so they asked the parents to contribute traditional French food.

"What are the choices?"
"Quiche"
"Never made it"

"Onion soup"
"Never made it."
"Boeuf Bourgignon"
"Never made it"
"Ratatouille"
"Never heard of it"
"Croques Monsieur, it's a grilled ham and cheese sandwich"
"How do I make that before I take you to school and won't it get yech before you eat it?"
"She expects you to bring the food to school before class so that it's hot."
"How do I do that when I'm in class? What about the mom's that work?"
"She said that working moms can bring beverages."
"What about desserts?" I'm pretty good with desserts.
"Chocolate Mousse"
"Never made it."
"Creme Caramel"
"No way!"
"Eclairs"
"Never made them." She did say that they could bring the frozen kind but I'm not even sure where to get them.
"Since I've got to go to class, let's sign up for sodas."
"Ok, but we should sign up first so that we can choose what to bring."
"Give me the paper." And I sign while I'm driving so she can bring it in the next day. It is times like this that I wish I were the dad -- they aren't expected to cook.