Sunday, September 24, 2006

Falwell's constituency fear Hillary more than the devil

I guess you could say that if the Democrats believe that Hillary is the devil incarnate, why shouldn't Falwell make the comparison:

The Rev. Jerry Falwell says a White House run by Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton would energize his base of religious conservatives even more than if the devil were the Democratic nominee.

"I certainly hope that Hillary is the candidate," Falwell told a private prayer breakfast. "Because nothing will energize my (constituency) like
Hillary Clinton."

"If Lucifer ran, he wouldn't," Falwell added, drawing a roomful of laughs and cheers.

[...]

An aide to Falwell said the remarks were off-the-cuff and not intended to demonize the Democratic senator from New York.
You compare her to the devil but you didn't intend to demonize? That makes no sense.

Personally, I hope that she is the Democratic nominee because I think she is beatable. But I don't see her making it through the Democratic primary.

(Link via Drudge Report)