Friday, September 15, 2006

Is it possible to be an extreme Christian?

Someone in the comments section of my last post, made a comment about "extreme" Christians and I got to thinking about what an extreme Christian would look like. What does it look like to love the "Lord your God" more than with "all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength?" What does it look like to love your neighbor more than yourself? How can I go beyond the two greatest commandments? How do I take up my cross in an extreme way? How can you be extreme in your witness (I think many people probably think Christians are extreme in their witness :-) How can I have extreme faith in Christ?

But I think I wouldn't mind being an extreme Christian, so, if you call me extreme, I'll take it as a compliment but I'll know that it isn't true :-)