Thursday, September 07, 2006

Shocking! People feel less safe

So, after a foiled terrorist plot and the threat of Iran having nuclear weapons, people do not feel safer:

Do Americans feel safer now than before 9/11? For many, the answer is no, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll.

Fifty-four percent of Americans say they generally feel safe, but 46 percent say they feel somewhat uneasy or in danger.

Shocking! I worry about the 54%!

And then there's this:
Five years after 9/11, most Americans say life has returned to the way it was before the attacks, at least in part. However, some behavior has changed: One in four Americans say they are less likely to fly now, and one in five are less likely to attend large events with thousands of people.
Life hasn't returned back to normal for me, I'm sacred of things I wasn't sacred of before. I'm afraid of being blown up when I go to the mall or I'm afraid to drive through tunnels. I don't like taking the train now when before I loved it, the same with flying. Life isn't the same, now I know that someone wants to kill us and has the capability to do so.

(Link via Drudge Report)