Saturday, June 09, 2007

"Even the Jews did not do such cruel things to us."

Guess who said that? A Palestinian:

Hassan al-Bazam, 20, who works as a bodyguard for [Ismail] Haniyeh [the prime minister and a member of the Hamas terrorist group], was kidnapped Monday night by Fatah gunmen. He said the kidnappers tortured him and forced him to curse God and the prophet Muhammad.

"I was on my way to the Sheikh Radwan neighborhood [in Gaza City] when I was kidnapped by Fatah gunmen who were in two cars," Bazam said. "They took me to a building next to the beach, where they beat me severely with clubs and rifles.

"They extinguished cigarettes on my body and melted candles on my back. They also hung me from my hands and started shooting between my legs."

He said the kidnappers demanded a list of Hamas activists in his neighborhood and questioned him about the killing last month of a senior Fatah militiaman.

Bazam said he was released seven hours later, but only after he agreed to curse God and Muhammad. Bazam said the kidnappers also shaved his eyebrows, beard and part of his head, which was then marked with a Force 17 [Presidential Guard] sign.

"These people are real murderers," Bazam said. "Even the Jews did not do such cruel things to us."