Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Fred Thompson has a blog and was on Leno last night

Here is a link to Thompson's new blog, it's part of his I'mWithFred site (via).

Last night Thompson was on the Leno show. He stopped just short of announcing:

Asked by Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show" if he'd like the nation's top job, the former Tennessee senator said, "I've never craved the job of president, but I want to do some things that only a president can do."

"So," Thompson added, "the answer is yes."

[...]

He insisted he wasn't ready to make any announcements on Leno's couch, but made a point to mention the Web site for his political committee. When asked by Leno about his reaction to the political waters, Thompson said he found them "warm."

"I'm at a stage of my life now when I think about my country, I think about the kind of country my kids are going to grow up in," he said.

He griped about campaigns that "are entirely too long." And he took a swipe at Democratic candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton, saying she was "trying to balance ... her prior positions with the new requirements of politics in the Democratic Party."

[...]

Referring to his time in the U.S. Senate, he said, "I often say after eight years in Washington, I longed for the realism and sincerity of Hollywood."

OK, that's the kind of stuff that will get him elected :-)

BTW, the draftfredthompson guys have started a fredheads movement (taking their online movement from the Internet into the real world). Bill Hobbs has the info if you want to get involved.