Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Four Horsemen

Hmmmm...nothing says hubris like a dogmatic atheist (you know, the kind who want to take my kids away cause they think I'm abusing them by telling them about God). Does this sound like this:

Revelation 6:1 Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, "Come!" 2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer. 3 When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" 4 And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword. 5 When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!" 7 When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" 8 And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth.
No, they're not the conquerors, they're more like those who see others beset by great disasters and yet they still refuse to acknowledge God.
Rev 9:20 The rest of mankind, who were not killed by these plagues, did not repent of the works of their hands nor give up worshiping demons and idols of gold and silver and bronze and stone and wood, which cannot see or hear or walk
And those who ignore the warning in their own life when disasters come:
Rev 16:8 The fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and it was allowed to scorch people with fire. 9 They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory. 10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in anguish 11 and cursed the God of heaven for their pain and sores. They did not repent of their deeds.
Now, I have to decide if I want to sit through 2 hours of obsessive, bitter, Christian bashing and arrogant elitism. I'll let you know if I decide to waste my time.

(via)

Update: Sorry to those atheists who have a live and let live attitude, I should have qualified the hubris comment and made sure that you know I didn't have you in mind. Whenever I mention atheists on this blog, you should realize that I'm generally not talking about you.