Saturday, December 15, 2007

What 's up with Huckabee's theology degree?

OK, here it is. Huckabee completed one year of seminary according to Joe Carter:

Governor Huckabee doesn’t have a theology degree. He only spent a year in seminary.
And from Huckabee himself:
"I have a bachelor of arts in religion and a minor in communications in my undergraduate work. And then I have 46 hours on a master's degree at Southwestern Theology Seminary. So, my degree as a theological degree is at the college level and then 46 hours toward a masters -- three years of study of New Testament Greek, and then the rest of it, all in Seminary was theological studies, but my degree was actually in religion."
One thing is clear he doesn't actually have a theology degree:
"I'm as strong on terror as anybody. In fact I think I'm stronger than most people because I truly understand the nature of the war that we are in with Islamofascism. These are people that want to kill us. It's a theocratic war. And I don't know if anybody fully understands that. I'm the only guy on that stage with a theology degree. I think I understand it really well."
Now, the question is this since the seminary didn't do much training in regards to Mormonism, do you think it trained the students in Islam. At Westminster the theology that we study is Christian theology, did he study Islamic theology?