Saturday, June 10, 2006

Saturday's Photo Hunt: Community





PSHunt


Grab the Scavenger Hunt code.

Photo Theme. Join the blogroll. Visit participants.



To me community means my church family. When I first saw that the theme was community I realized immediately that I would take a picture of my church and the first thing that popped into my head was the stained-glass window I see each Sunday morning. But when I thought about the symbols on the picture, I realized how appropriate this picture was to the theme. In the middle, is the Trinity in symbols . The Father, is represented by the hands, the Son is represented by the lamb (this is a reference to Revelation) and the Holy Spirit is represented by the dove. Each member of the Trinity brings us in communion with God and with each other (the Father adopts us, we are united with Christ, and we share in the indwelling of the Holy Spirit) and then on the sides we see a picture of a baptismal fount, which is the symbol of our joining the church community and we see the symbol of the bread and wine which is a symbol of our communal meal that we eat and drink in remembrance of Christ.

I didn't turn the lights on in the sanctuary when I took the shot and I was happy with the way the stained-glass window was accented.

BTW, since there are many Blogging Chicks on the Photo Hunt, I wanted to make sure that you knew that we are having a Carnival tomorrow and all submission must be made by midnight tonight. Here are the details.