Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What Are You Looking Forward To?

June 21, Summer has officially begun!! Woohoo!

Summer is a time for refreshment from the hectic pace of life. I am delighted to be taking a break from commuting my girls to school, my college semester has ceased and now I look forward to a time of recharging the battery, you know what I mean?

I'm looking forward to reading some books that I have not been able to since I started college last fall. I'm looking forward to spending time in my garden, puttering around. I'm looking forward to exercising, yes exercising, because my body is beginning to rebel against me and I don't like it. I hate aging! It will also help improve my golf game if I get stronger. (I just want to crush the ball off the tee!). I'm looking forward to blogging more (okay Michele?). I'm looking forward to going on vacation with my family.

I guess we all are looking forward to doing something over the summer and vacationing, but I want to remind myself, and you if it applies, that there is no such thing as taking a vacation from spending time with God. In fact, it is my prayer that I will increase my time in the Word not decrease it. I know we tend to want to take a break from bible study over the summer but we should not.

We should always be living our lives "in view of God's mercy, to offer our bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship" [Romans 12:1] so "let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith..." [Hebrews 12:2].

I'll close with this quote I read recently, may it help you to look forward to spending time worshipping Him!

Just give me Jesus!

He is enduringly strong.

He is entirely sincere.

He is eternally steadfast.

He is immortally gracious.

He is imperially powerful.

He is impartially merciful.

He is the greatest phenomena that has
ever crossed the horizon of the globe.

He is God's Son.

He is the sinner's Savior.

He is the captive's ransom.

He is the breath of life.

He is the centerpiece of civilization.

He stands in the solitude of Himself.

He is august, and He is unique.

He is unparalleled, and He is unprecedented.

He is undisputed, and He is undefiled.

He is unsurpassed, and He is unshakable.

He is the loftiest idea in philosophy.

He is the highest personality in psychology.

He is the supreme subject in literature.

He is the fundamental doctrine of theology.

He is the corner-stone, the cap-stone,
the stumbling-stone of all religion.

He is the miracle of the ages.

Just give me Jesus!

(Anne Lotz)