Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fred Thompsom has lymphoma

Which is in remission:

Former Sen. Fred Thompson (R-Tenn.) announced today that he was diagnosed with cancer more than two years ago but is currently in remission.

"I have had no illness from it, or even any symptoms," Thompson told Fox News. "My life expectancy should not be affected."

Thompson said the "indolent lymphoma" was found during a physical two and a half years ago and is currently in remission. If the cancer re-emerged at some point, Thompson told Fox, "it is very treatable with drugs if treatment is needed in the future -- and with no debilitating side effects."

I wonder why he waited to mention this and why is he mentioning it now. I bet he wanted to get ahead of any rumors. I think it's an indication that he's thinking about running.