Sunday, April 22, 2007

Clinton, Ambassador to the World?

EEP! I'm glad she warned the world that she plans to send her husband out to them. I think this is a good idea, send him out of the country so he doesn't meddle in presidential affairs. I bet he wished he'd thought of it when he was president:

Hillary Rodham Clinton said Saturday that if she is elected president, she would make her husband a roaming ambassador to the world, using his skills to repair the nation's tattered image abroad.

"I can't think of a better cheerleader for America than Bill Clinton, can you?" the Democratic senator from New York asked a crowd jammed into a junior high school gymnasium. "He has said he would do anything I asked him to do. I would put him to work."
I'll leave the jokes about the world hiding their women for others.

She also said this:
Clinton also said she would raise taxes for the wealthy, who she said "aren't paying their fair share." She also praised the economic policies of her husband that brought budget surpluses.

"We need to get back to fiscal responsibility," she said.

(via)

If she feels that way, why isn't she doing something about it in Congress? Vote against pork laden spending bills, especially when it's an emergency supplemental for our troops. Why not run on a record instead of platitudes?

And BTW, since when is 80% not a fair share of the taxes?