Monday, April 23, 2007

So, about this toilet paper controversy...

In the spirit of Al Gore's use of carbon offsets, I believe that I should be allowed to use more than one sheet of toilet paper because I don't read newspapers or magazines. I also don't use paper napkins or plates. I'm probably more eco-friendly than Crow because I'm not out driving around in a bus (I drive a compact) and I don't have a huge house.

BTW, does this woman live in a cave? Hasn't she ever heard of cloth napkins:

Crow has also commented on her website about how she thinks paper napkins "represent the height of wastefulness".

She has designed a clothing line with what she calls a "dining sleeve".

The sleeve is detachable and can be replaced with another "dining sleeve" after the diner has used it to wipe his or her mouth.

The shows involved a short set by the singer, a talk by David and segments of Al Gore's environmental film An Inconvenient Truth.
(via)