Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Looks like it was a trial balloon

Just heard Fred Thompson on the Sean Hannity Show and it really sounded like he made his announcement to see how we would react. Would it make us less supportive. It sounded like he was interested in running, not because he particularly wants to be president but because he knows that we need someone to steer the country in the right direction.

It makes me want to vote for him all the more because I really don't want someone who has fire in the belly, who has always wanted to be president. I want someone who sees the need at the moment and knows that he has the skills to meet those needs. I want someone who runs because he doesn't like the direction the country is going and knows that he can change it. I don't want someone who feels they are entitled to the job, I want someone who understands that the job will be hard but realizes that someone has to step up and do the heavy lifting.

I haven't changed my mind at all and can still say: Run, Fred, run!!!