Tuesday, June 12, 2007

An apology

I'm feeling bad about using the term "a member of the Sanhedrin of the Reformed Blogosphere when referring to my brother in Christ. I was irked by his accusation that we never blog about the gospel but that is no excuse since the Bible is clear:

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
It is really hard sometimes to be loving, this is an area I struggle with in the blogosphere. It's easier to be mean to those you haven't met but if I can't love those who are my brothers in Christ, who were baptized with the same Spirit (1 Cor. 12:13; Eph. 4:4-6) and who are the children of the same God (Romans 8:14), then what hope do I have of loving my enemy (Matt. 5:44-45)?

So, I apologize to my readers, centurion and my Lord since I'm not being a good witness of his love, mercy and obedience.