Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rep. Pete Stark apologizes to the president for his remarks

Kind of a weird apology:

"I want to apologize to my colleagues, many of whom I have offended," Stark began. He then apologized to "the president and his family" and "the troops."

"I hope that with this apology, I return to being as insignificant as I should be," he concluded though a voice cracking with emotion.

(via)

Boehner introduced a censure resolution that was defeated by the Democrats. I guess Democrats think it's OK to say something like this on the floor of the House:
"You don't have money to fund the war or children," Stark said on the House floor. "But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement."
(via)