Saturday, October 27, 2007

Miss England told to fatten up

Miss England has to gain weight in time for the Miss World pageant. She's not model thin and wears a size 4 but she's a little flat chested. They want a contestant with more curves.

A British beauty queen says she was told to pack on pounds for the upcoming Miss World competition — an unexpected request, considering she's not rail-thin. "I was a little bit shocked," Miss England Georgia Horsley said Friday in an interview on NBC's "Today" show.

"I don't think I'm too thin. I'm happy with the way I am," said the 20-year-old, who is a size 4. She added: "I probably would have been more hurt if they told me to lose weight, I think."

Horsley said pageant organizers want "their girls to be more voluptuous and womanly and curvy, you know, rather than the stick-thin, size-0 models that you see around."

"I've just got quite more of an athletic, boyish-type figure rather than the hourglass figure that some women have," said the 5-foot-8 Horsley. "And they're just seeing if, you know, I could maybe put a bit of weight on and it might give me those curves."

(via)

She should be happy with the way she looks, she's gorgeous!

Well, at least they didn't tell her to get plastic surgery.