Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day celebration with your friends and family and that you don't overindulge :-) Thankfully I don't have to cook today, my sister does Thanksgiving and I do Christmas -- it makes it a lot easier on both of us.

I thought I would share with you some of the many blessings for which I'm thankful to God:

I'm thankful that there is a God in heaven who cares about each of us and sent his Son to pay the penalty for our rebellion against him. I'm thankful he is a personal God who cares and watches over me, protects me from harm and has drawn me to him.

I'm thankful I live in a country where I can proclaim that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior and that my fidelity is to him.

I'm thankful that I live in a country that acknowledges our right to believe in any god or no god.

I'm thankful for a supportive and loving family, for the love of my husband and my children and the ability to share my love with them.

I'm thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ who travel this road with me and who share in the comfort we provide each other. I'm thankful for their support.

I'm thankful that the Lord has blessed me with a warm home and the availability of plenty of food.

I'm thankful to live in a country where we can be a blessing to others by providing for their needs when they do not have a warm home or food.

I'm thankful for this blog and the ability to share my opinions with you and to rant about the news of the day or poke fun at the politicians.

I'm thankful for our readers because I can't see investing the time if no one reads it :-) Thank you for reading our blog!

I'm thankful for each of our regular commenters, yes even the liberal commenters. I appreciate each of you taking the time to share your opinion even when you don't agree with me.

I'm thankful to the blogging community who link to our blog and to particular posts. I'm thankful for their support.

I'm thankful I didn't break my nose yesterday!

I'm thankful we can all share in one day a year where we give thanks to the Lord for our many blessings.

Psalm 50:23 The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies me;
to one who orders his way rightly
I will show the salvation of God!”

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

Philippians 4:6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

1 Timothy 2:1
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people