Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter Dress Shopping Rant: Day 2

Day two of shopping for an Easter dress and shoes. Samantha decided not to go shopping with us today, since she was the one who got the dress yesterday. She was so exhausted from five hours of shopping that she decided to relax by cleaning her room :-). So, it was Sarah and I. I decide it was a good idea to eat before we went to the mall so we don't waste any time.

"Did you bring the skirt we bought yesterday?"
"No."
"How are you going to make sure it matches?"
"I remember what it looks like."
"You won't remember it exactly."

We decide to hit Coldwater Creek first. I love the clothes in their catalog but every time I go to the store, I can't find anything I like. Everything has a weird pattern or is see-through or it's too casual for church. Plus, they make everything for someone who is 5'8 and I'm only 5'3 1/2. So, we keep walking. We go into Talbot's and I finally noticed something, all they had was pants, no skirts or dresses. What's up with that? Here is a picture of what one of the few skirts in the store looked like:



Then we went to Aerospace for Sarah and got some shirts for her. We decided to try a blue camisole under a shirt she already had. She was a lot happier after that, so she was more willing to allow Mommy to shop for a skirt. I decided to see if I could find a black skirt to go with my new shirt.

Next we go to Macy's and I find a pretty skirt to go with my shirt but because I indulged a little too freely in ice cream, sour skittles and chocolate (not all at the same time, eew), I could not wear my normal size. I had to get a size bigger and they didn't have it. I asked the salesperson to call another Macy's to have one put on hold. She found a store that had 8 of them and she tried to call them but had trouble getting through. We decided to chance it and just drive over.

On our way out of the mall I bought some shirts for Samantha and we tried to find shoes for Sarah, but Payless was packed and I have problems being in confined places with other people (I need a lot of personal space), so we left.

We drive another 1/2 hour to the other mall and go immediately to Macy's. We found 1 not 8 skirts. While there, I decided to take some pictures for those of you, like me who rarely step into a mall:



This is picture of one of the couch cushion clothes.


This is a picture of a pair of paints I saw so often I was tempted to buy them. I think I could be brain washed into buying something if it becomes familiar to me. Good thing I have a teenager to stop me.



This is a picture of a skirt that is meant to be worn by an adult woman.

Next we turned to getting sandals for Sarah to wear to church. And surprisingly, we were able to find a pair right away.

I decided my skirt was too sheer, so we go to Lord and Taylor to get a slip. They only had one brand which cost $29. For a slip!

"What is this? Russia?"
"Oh, I get it"
"What?"
"You're talking about a monopoly."

Then we have a discussion about capitalism verses communism and how capitalism is the best system given man's fallen nature and how it works the best because man is basically self-centered and greedy.

So, back to Macy's. On the way I see the pants again.

"I'm thinking about getting those pants."
"Eeew! Why?"
"They're growing on me."
"Where would you wear them."
"I'd wear them to seminary or when I picked you up."
"No, you wouldn't. I'll have to pretend I don't know you."
"I could wear them when I work in the cafeteria, I could embarrass you. You won't come over and say hi."
"I'll pretend like I don't know you."

Too many choices on the slip, there are three different sizes (aah, capitalism). I made my choice, made the purchase and then we are out of the mall! Yeah! Mission accomplished and we are now ready for church tomorrow. I only wasted 10 hours of my life doing it :-).