Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday


So, Shannon from Rocks in the Dryer started her on meme day to share things that work for us:

Think how much we could all learn from each other if we share our own little ideas!. IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE EARTH-SHATTERING. Just simple, affordable and designed to make the tiniest difference in your day
And I actually thought of something that I do that might be helpful to others, so I'm going to blog about housekeeping (shocking).

As some of my readers know, I quite frequently burn my oatmeal when I blog (read about it here) and sometimes quite badly (read about that here and the result of all this is here). Fortunately I learned early in my housekeeping career how to clean out badly burned pots (before blogging I surfed the Internet quite extensively). And the method is simple and affordable: baking soda and hot water. That's it! You cover the of the pan with baking soda and then pour boiling water on it and let is stand a couple of days and then wipe out the pan. You may need to do it a second time and use a brillo but it's usually much easier to clean.

Another cleaning product that I love is Barkeeper's Friend, it is cheap and takes out rust stains and gives porcelain a real shine.

Related Tags: , ,