Thursday, May 31, 2007

Please help me analyze this comment

I received the following comment to my post on Bush dissing his base:

What happened to the argument of supporting the president for doing what is right, regardless of public support polls?

Or, does that argument only apply when we're discussing the mess in Iraq?

Or perhaps it only applies when it supports what you think is right?

No need to answer... anyone who visits here often enough knows already.
And I was wondering what the heck kind of reasoning would lead to a comment like this. I think that it's beyond obvious that we would support the president in a time of war when he's trying to protect us from future attacks. When he's doing his job, I believe it's our duty to support him doing it. But when he's about to drop the ball, don't you think that he deserves criticism? He's not keeping the border safe and he's going to treat illegal immigrants from the Middle East the same way he does the illegal immigrants from Mexico. This isn't my opinion, it's not what I think. I know that we live in post-modern times but I would think that we could agree on what's clearly in front of us.

And another thing why the heck do liberals say that you did something when you clearly didn't? I never mentioned any polls. Why would I? I don't need the fact that the rest of the country agrees with me to give support to my argument, I only need to know that the president isn't doing his job. It's clear enough for even a stay-at-home mom to figure it out :-)