Monday, October 15, 2007

Boars Head Tavern needs a new banner

Someone ratted on the Boars Head Tavern to Boars Head meat and now they need a new banner. At least they aren't being sued over the name:

I just got a handful of major legalese from the Boar’s Head Brand Corporation, makers of fine meats and owners of a registered trademark they believe is in the BHT’s banner. So, according to the barrister sending me the mail, the banner goes or I get sued.

I suppose the fact that the Boar’s Head Brand takes a pig that God made and one of William Shakespeare’s drinking establishments to make their copyrighted brand doesn’t earn those of us who like it any permission to use it in a non-hostile manner? I didn’t think so. Gotta defend the brand.

So to whoever reported the BHT in violation of copyright laws, I salute you. Really. In every way I can.

So, if there are any artists out there, send them your suggestions.