Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Right-wing Democrat Extremist Expected to Sign Bill Banning Abortions

This is surprising:

Blanco has said she planned to sign the bill that would ban nearly all abortions in Louisiana, though only if the U.S. Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade abortion rights ruling is overturned. The bill by Sen. Ben Nevers, D-Bogalusa, could only take effect under two circumstances: the U.S. Constitution is amended to allow states to ban abortion; or the Supreme Court strikes down Roe v. Wade.
Amazing! What will Howard Dean and the Democrats say about this? What are they doing about the right-wing extremists in their own party? Is NARAL picketing? I will be interested to see the fire-storm this creates in the media (maybe similar to the one created over the South Dakota law). These Democrats denying women the right to choose, are they anti-women? I will post any response that I can find from NARAL (I just looked and didn't see one), let me know if you find one.


Updated to add: For those who are visiting here for the first time, this is a pro-life blog. All of us believe that life begins at conception. I was being sarcastic and using the Democrats own words against them. I thought that this was clear from the post but evidently not.
(Link via Drudge Report)