Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving today and that you have much to be thankful for and that you don't stuff yourself too much. And I hope you enjoy your football games and your Thanksgiving Day parade -- though it sounds like they aren't having any balloons and it's raining.

It's great living in a country where we take a day to be thankful to God for the blessings that we have in this country. I'm surprised the atheists and the ACLU haven't taken the government to court to end it. If they had their way, I'm sure they would.

I am thankful that I finished my exegetical paper for Old Testament History and Theology on time but I'm not thankful that I will be spending my break working on my exegetical paper for Gospels.

Ah, the life of the seminarian! I used to enjoy holidays, now they are just markers for deadlines.

(image via)

Updated to add this:

(via)

Updated again to add this video of turkeys waiting for the train in NJ:



They knew what was coming and decided to fly the coop (though as you can see in the previous video they can't fly so they have to take the train :-)