Sunday, November 05, 2006

You can always tell when election day is approaching...

By the increased amount of automated calls. Volunteers? Who needs them when you've got a machine to tell you how awful the Democrats are. Yesterday it was Right to Life and today, we've had two so far. As I was writing this post, Joe Piscopo called and told my machine that he was voting for Tom Kean, Jr. even though he's a Democrat. Maybe that call would be more effective if it was made to someone like my mom who is actually a Democrat (but rest assured she is not voting for Menendez and can't see how anyone would vote for a crook). She told me that McCain called them (my dad is a Republican), I don't usually get calls from McCain.

This last week has also seen an increase in political ads. I know in other areas you probably hear political ads for months but we don't until closer to the election (I am so glad I live in an area where advertising is so expensive). And speaking of political ads this has got to be the worst song ever (though I actually wound up singing the stupid thing after I heard it the second time):

Singing: When you walk into that voting booth, looking for the real truth; well people this year you will find, you're looking for the bottom line.

Joe Lieberman has been the one to say it straight and get it done. He's there for us once again, now Connecticut's there for Lieberman.

Look past the parties and the names, there's no room for political games, Joe's stood up for us every time, it's time to vote the bottom line.

Announcer: This year Joe Lieberman may be a little harder to find in the voting booth, because he's running independently in the Connecticut for Lieberman party, you'll find his name near the bottom of column two on the ballot. So take your time, look carefully and vote for Joe Lieberman.

Singing: When you walk into that voting booth, looking for the real truth, vote your heart and vote your mind, you'll find Joe on the bottom line.

Joe Lieberman: I'm Joe Lieberman, I'm running for Senate, and I approved this message. Paid for by Friends of Joe Lieberman
Evidently, Lieberman thinks the voter is an idiot and won't be able to figure out where he is on the ballot.