Friday, November 24, 2006

The Nativity Story

I think that I'm going to try to see The Nativity Story after finals. Samantha doesn't want to see it because it's violent, she was upset that her joyful, beautiful Christmas story would have violence in it. I tried to explain to her that the birth of Christ did lead to violence because Herod killed children in an attempt to kill the Messiah but she doesn't care. She doesn't want the realism. Sarah and I are OK with the realism, so I think her Dad can take Samantha to see Flushed Away, Happy Feet or the new Santa Clause movie (better him than me, though I do want to see "Happy Feet").

I cried when I watched the trailer. I'll probably cry through the whole movie.

(via)

Scrappleface has a funny spoof of the trailer here.

“We acknowledge that a baby born in a manger 2,000 years ago has little relevance for today’s audiences,” said an unnamed studio spokesman, “but we’re hoping the new spot will let us ride the coattails of these other films that capture the meaning of the holidays more explicitly.”