Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Draft Fred Thompson Site

I didn't even think of him but he would be a good choice. He's articulate (which we've missed a lot since Reagan), smart, warm and most, importantly he is pro-defense and pro-life and most importantly, when you think of the other candidates in the race, a real conservative.

The owner of the site makes a plea to the Newt Gingrich supporters:

Newt's a tremendous leader. I acknowledge his triumph in 1994. Frankly, he would be high on my personal preference, but realistically, he is very polarizing and can be a bit too blunt.

This is going to be a brutal election cycle. The mood of the country is highly unfavorable for republicans right now; we need someone who can present our message to the American people without sounding preachy or condescending.
I agree with him that Thompson would get the conservative message across because he is articulate, a communicator like Reagan.

So, I'm behind the movement and I think we need a graphic and a blogroll :-) Though, I think they need a more polished and professional looking site.

(via)