Monday, February 12, 2007

One of Edwards' Bloggers Quit

I actually think this was a very smart thing for her to do. How could she ever be able to post to her own blog during the entire campaign? She would have to be as bland on her personal blog as she was on Edward's blog. She couldn't bait the Catholics, she couldn't call Christians "godbags," she could go off into anti-male screeds, how would she be able to handle that? She would probably explode in a torrent of four letter words all over Edward's blog.

One of the chief campaign bloggers for Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards quit Monday after conservative critics raised questions about her history of provocative online messages.

Amanda Marcotte posted on her personal blog, Pandagon, that the criticism "was creating a situation where I felt that every time I coughed, I was risking the Edwards campaign." Marcotte said she resigned from her position Monday, and that her resignation was accepted by the campaign.

[...]

"No matter what you think about the campaign, I signed on to be a supporter and a tireless employee for them, and if I can't do the job I was hired to do because Bill Donohue doesn't have anything better to do with his time than harass me, then I won't do it," Marcotte wrote Monday night.