Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone remembered to get their honey a little something for Valentine's Day (thanks for the chocolate, honey! you are the man -- Samantha found them, she says thanks too). I want to wish all of you a happy Valentine's Day and especially my husband, Doug. Happy Valentine's Day, honey. I love you! OK, that's as mushy as I get. And a big happy Valentine's Day to my daughters, Sarah and Samantha!

I used a snowman graphic because of our big snowstorm that wasn't, mostly it's just ice. This has been the most disappointing winter ever! First chance to actually get some accumulation and we get nothing but ice. Though, we did get a snow day, so woohoo!

I was watching the news this morning, which is never a good thing to do when there is a snowstorm because they spend the morning telling you to be careful, it's slippery out there. The MTA spokeswoman actually said that people should be careful on the stairs and platforms because they might be slippery. And a reporter was standing next to a street that had a dusting of snow and tried to talk it up like it was news worthy. At least they haven't been saying, "If you can stay home, do it because it's dangerous out here."