Sunday, March 25, 2007

Wages of Sin is Death

My husband and I lost a dear friend to cancer this week.

He was only 54 years old and leaves behind a wife and two teenage daughters. We went to his funeral yesterday. It was very moving.

As Christians, we understand that the wages of sin is death. We know that Jesus Christ conquored death so that we can have eternal life; there is no hope without Christ.

I also rejoice in Ed's homecoming. I also mourn with his family. Please join me in praying for his family. My heart aches for his girls because I know what it is like to lose a parent. I was the same age when my mother passed away from cancer.

When you are looking death in the face as I did when I visited Ed last week it gave me a whole fresh perspective on the effects of sin.

Seeing death happen shocks you; it is hideous. It brought home to me the ugliness of sin and it's inevitable outcome, death. It comes to us all, the Christian and the non-Christian.

Praise God that He has done something about sin and death through Jesus Christ, he is our only hope.