Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"If you don't agree with the 'Gang of 14' solution then I am not your candidate"

That was John McCain at a very small campaign stop (someone's house):

"If you don't agree with the "Gang of 14" solution then I am not your candidate and you should vote for someone else."

Senator McCain went on to highlight the fact that under the Gang of 14 solution, the Senate did confirm conservative judges like Alito and Roberts. He went to say "I shudder to think what would happen if we had pulled the trigger on the nuclear option and one day Hillary Clinton was appointing judges." He asked me: "would your blogging friends still want to blow up the Senate" if Hillary Clinton was in charge? If so, I am not their candidate!
At least he's honest and he certainly isn't my candidate.