Friday, March 10, 2006

Feminism is Past Its Prime

Here is a rather amusing article about one feminist's encounter with the 21st century. She found out that feminism is ancient history and long forgotten. Here are the funniest quotes:

"What's consciousness raising?"

It was my turn to be startled. Hasn't everyone at least heard about consciousness raising? A quick survey of the people in my office revealed that no one, male or female, under the age of 30 had even heard of what in my day was so common we called it "CR."

One colleague, smart and Harvard educated, said, "Are you talking about feminism, or are you talking about the reeducation the North Koreans did?"

I tried to explain. I felt as if I was talking about butter-churning or cloth diapers.
I really think her coworkers were kidding and would probably be surprised that she took them seriously.

(Link via Fark)