Sunday, March 05, 2006

The Genocide Museum

I was a supporter of the war in Iraq even before we went to war. I had wanted to go into Iraq and take out Saddam since Bush 41. I never liked it that we left him in power after that war and I was really upset when he began putting down the Kurdish rebellions after the war. How could we have left these people to die? They thought that they would get freedom and all they got was genocide.

Here is a post by Michael J. Totten who is in Iraq reporting on what is going on over there now. He writes about a museum in the Kurdish section of Iraq that documents the genocide of the Kurds.

The hardest thing to see was the cell used to hold children before they were murdered. My translator Alan read some of the messages carved into the wall.
"I was ten years old. But they changed my age to 18 for execution."
"Dear Mom and Dad. I am going to be executed by the Baath. I will not see you again."