Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Yet Another Prayer Update

Yes, I plan to blog about something besides prayer requests :-). First, thank you for your prayers, they were much appreciated. I think I nailed the first question but the second question, not so much. I was good at the beginning but I missed the main point of the question. There were nine class outlines (between 6-10 pages long)that I had to remember with many different Greek texts being used. For the question I answered I had to keep straight the difference between vertical eschatology and horizontal eschatology in historia salutis and half way into the question I forgot what vertical eschatology was (drat this old brain) and I didn't have enough time to answer another question (there were four to choose from and you had to answer two). It was actually an easy test if you could keep on the different lectures straight (with the same biblical text being used differently for each topic) but unfortunately I could not.

Now, I have to keep telling myself, "A bad grade doesn't mean your dumb! A bad grade doesn't mean your dumb! A bad grade....."

BTW, at Westminster eschatology doesn't mean last things, it means ultimate things. "Eschatology is not most basically focused on what happens at the end of history. It actually pertains first and foremost to what happens at the beginning of history" (from my class notes).