Saturday, March 18, 2006

Stolen Blog

I know that I just praised Google but like any big corporation, sometimes they're smart and sometimes they're just plain dumb. They deleted Besty's Page and then had trouble recovering here and while that was going on they allowed her address to be stolen from her:

Then, today, I got a message from Blogger saying that they had recovered my blog and that somehow I had gotten caught up in some massive “automated spam prevention system" action that had thought that my blog was spam. Huh?! Then, the kicker was that they weren't yet ready to give me back my URL but would try to negotiate with the blogjacker who had put up a false Betsy Page using my URL. Huh?! The guy had just appropriated my URL yesterday and they had to ask him pretty please to give it back? Fortunately, after about five hours, they decided that, since all the content and comments had been deleted on the fake Betsy page, that they would kindly restore my URL to me. Thank you.
You can read about it here.

Even though blogger is free, they're making money in ad revenues. They should keep that in mind when they are dealing with someone who gets over 1,500 hits a day (and if you check her stats, she had days where she got over 4,000 hits). Not someone you want to mess with. And she has friends in high places.