Thursday, March 09, 2006

Gmail

I am using Gmail for both of my blogs and I really like it. You get a huge amount of storage space so you don't have to delete anything and their spam filter is pretty good (though, two things slipped through this morning). Not deleting anything could mean having a problem finding important information (like your 1,000th user name and passward to a sites you visit maybe once a month) but Google has thought of that and you can "star" an email and then if you want to find it later you can select to see only the starred email. This is a very conveient feature that I wish Outlook had.

There are some downsides. You can only see your email when you are on the Internet and if Gmail is down (like it was yesterday) you can't access it. But since I generally don't have an urgent need to read my email (that's one of the perks of being a stay-at-home mom), I can wait.

If you would like a Gmail account you have to use your mobile phone to sign up, you can do so here.