Friday, March 10, 2006

Walt Disney World

So, Shannon over at Rocks In My Dyer is blogging about her preparation for Disney World in Florida. I have been reading her blog for the last couple weeks. It's funny and well written and you might want to check it out. I left the following comment on her blog this afternoon while I was at seminary (I should have been working on my digest):

When we went to Disney World a number of years ago, we had lunch at Cinderella castle and were able to my daughters' picture taken with Cinderella. That was one of the few highlights of our trip. My daughters became unreasonably afraid of the Bug's Life” 3D movie and started crying hysterically at the first squirt of water, then my youngest got a tic in her ear, threw up in water during the “It's a Small World” ride and cried on most of the rides. To top it off, my husband developed kidney stones and I got to visit the Orlando area doctors and he was in pain and unable to go to the park for the rest of the trip. I made my mother-in-law take my daughters on the rides because I get sick on most rides.

I tell you this so that if anything goes wrong you can say, “At least it wasn't as bad as that.”
After I posted this comment I thought that it might be nice to go back, maybe we'll go back next year. Now, you might think this is weird but even though there were so many problems, we really did have a good time.

That night at dinner Doug mentioned that he thought it might be time to go back to Disney World. I was shocked! He had been talking about our trip at work today and thought it might be a good idea to go back again especially since the trip got cut short for him. I didn't think I would be able to talk him into going back and was thinking about taking the kids by myself.